Sunday, April 22, 2012

My LifeSaving Bed

My 48 inch Porta Lung is such a lifesaver! During these days when I have a cold eight o'clock rolls around and I hear my lungs shout "Where is my Porta Lung?" Oh, where art thou, Porta Lung - my helpmate and my friend?


How can I a fiberglass cylinder feel so wonderful you might ask? Well, I can tell you that. Hooked up to the NEV-100 pump the Porta Lung moves my lungs and diaphragm up and down in a regular breathing pattern. It expands and contracts my lungs to ensure that I breathe deeper than I would without its help. After being in it for a few minutes, I am completely relaxed and do not have to stress myself out about breathing. The machine takes over and it is soooo soothing! Subconsciously I breathe in unison with the Porta Lung. This means I conform my breathing to the Porta Lung's ventilating rhthym and I work with it as it exercises and stimulates my lungs to work on their own. The sound of the NEV-100 sounds like the waves of the ocean on a calm peaceful sunny day as they roll in and out on the beach. Combine that with the gentle rocking motion of the Porta Lung and you have the perfect for being lulled to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...