Monday, September 30, 2013

Overthrow Academic Establishment

As my readers might know, I have been on a path of getting a college degree from Ave Maria University for the past seven years and (God willing!) I hope to graduate in five years with a degree in Catholic Studies. Recently I have been struggling with the reality of having to pay exorbitant amounts of college tuition. There seems to be something very unjust about pay close to $4000 in tuition and fees for one course per semester(that is without my scholarship included). For one four credit course, it costs $3709! How is that fair??? Where is the justice in costing students so much in tuition so that we become impoverished??

If you are someone like me who would like to earn her college degree, you get really mad at these academic administrations like Ave Maria who heap heavy financial burdens on students and treat them like cattle. It's aaaalll about getting "new" students! Nevermind about the returning ones! Who cares about them? I don't appreciate their careless and greedy attitude! I want to pay for my college tuition MYSELF or at least contribute what I can. They make that pretty much impossible. I think they treat existing students/customers very unfairly!

I ask myself "Is a college degree really an achievable reality for me or is it just a dream? If it is going to remain forever a huge financial burden, is it worth it?" I wonder. The education is FANTASTIC and the professors (for the most part) are very caring, dedicated teachers who love their students and want to help them reach their full potential. It is the administrative bureaucracy that really makes my blood boil.


OVERTHROW ACADEMIC ESTABLISHMENT!!!! Go back to making education affordable for the little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...