Tuesday, September 1, 2009

God's Grace in Action

While on my ride the other day I was racing home to beat a fast approaching storm. The clouds were rapidly rolling in but there was a strong gusty breeze that kept me cool so I was actually enjoying my ride, despite the distant claps of thunder and a very dark sky. At the top of our street a woman (who I have seen on my rides before) stopped me to tell me of the marvels the Lord has worked in her life recently. She and her family have had a lot of suffering and seeing that she was sad and depressed, I would stop when I saw her and listen to her troubles. I didn't always give my advice (most times I had no words) but I just listened, trying not to be threatening or intrusive. On one particular day I saw her and she expressed a desire that she wanted a priest to come to visit her parents who were put in a nursing home and are ailing. I suggested that she ask the parish priest and gave her his name as I was aware she was a lapsed Catholic. On this particular afternoon she stopped to thank me for introducing her to the parish priest because he visited her parents in the nursing home and things are beginning to get better. She seemed a little happier than she ever was before, now that she is going back to church. In returning to Mass she expressed a yearning to receive the Eucharist every week because it gives her peace. This is so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...