Saturday, July 11, 2009

Adventures of Travelling

A few weeks ago we flew up to Pittsburgh to spend a couple months vacation time and spend some time with my sisters. The day we chose to travel on happened to my parents anniversary. We made sure to get to the airport early enough to allow plenty of time for checking in, etc. When we got to the front desk my mom told the man that it was their anniversary and how long they had been married, etc, etc. No one was behind us in line so they proceeded to have a nice friendly chat and then we went on our way to go through security. Just before we are to go through security, we see this same man running toward us and he says "I have an anniversary present for you - I upgraded you to business class (which is like first class on Airtran). Happy Anniversary!" That was a really nice gift because my dad didn't have to carry me so far and the seats are bigger so it was good for positioning me. When I fly, the airline agent usually wheels me down to the entrance of the plane in my own chair. Then my dad has to carry me onto the plane and put me in the seat. And then they put my chair in the baggage area of the plane. Then I just sit in the seat but Mom props me up with pillows because I can't sit up by myself. Usually I'm the first one on the plane and the last one off because we always have to wait for my chair. But Airtran was very quick to bring my chair up and we got to deplane with everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...