Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Going to Mexico

In 1987 my parents took me to Mexico with a couple of my brothers, our French friends and then my cousin came from California. We flew from Boston to Dallas and from there to Mexico City. It was quite a long trip and at that time I wasn't using any respirator at night. Oh to be young! Looking back on that trip, I can say the grace of God sustained me through that entire trip because there were no health problems that came from it. It was truly a grace to be able to go to Guadalupe and see the miraculous picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe as she appeared to Juan Diego. Riding the escalator underneath the painting and look up at it from that close a distance was an amazing experience! Truly a grace-filled time! The amazing thing for me was to see so many families just walking the streets of Mexico City. At that time the Mexicans had oodles and oodles of children and I remember thinking (as an American) what an incredible thing it was to see families out on the streets walking together. In the US you don't see families with tons of children out for a daily stroll. And, then seeing the faith of the Mexican people in the basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe - that was amazing!!!! They had such love and devotion for Our Lady and they showed their love by bringing her the most beautiful bouquets of flowers.

3 comments:

  1. Just a note to encourage you in your important work. :^) I'm not ordinarily a blog follower, but yours has touched me deeply. God bless you and keep you. Your beautiful smile and your faith and determination are a joy. I'll keep 'clicking' for you!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa said ...

    that I'm so lucky to have found you as a friend & to me you are more than a friend . You TT have a wonderful out look at life. So pleae keep on moving . Melissa again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Suzanne, for your kind words of encouragement. I'm glad you enjoy my blog. I try to make it fun and interesting - out of the ordinary.

    For anyone who may be passing by, if I say anything that you don't understand or if you want me to talk more about, feel free to tell me. Perhaps we can get a good debate going.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...