Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fulfillment of Dreams

With the assistance of the Porta Lung, I have been able to fulfill my dreams of going to college and working for my BA degree. I'd like to get my degree in literature or theology. (Both really appeal to me at this point!). After three years of hard work and perseverance, I am very proud to announce that I have finally finished my Freshman year at Ave Maria University! Woohoo! :) It took me that long because with all the things I have to do for my health, I am only able to take one course per semester. Many of my readers may not know that most of my work is done by computer as I lie in a horizontal position on the floor. For instance, right now I am lying on the floor (in my usual position) on my left side with a pillow behind my back and typing out this blog with a pencil between my stubby fingers. Those who have watched me type say I'm pretty fast but I don't know - they could be putting one over on me! :P

Anyway, I got the needed 32 credits to finish Freshman year. At this rate I'll finish college in another 9 years, but who cares? It's all about perseverance and doing your best, despite the amount of time it takes! It took me ten years to graduate from Seton Home Study High School but that was because of my hospital stay in Pittsburgh and the struggle of completing Seton's rigorous academic requirements. The three math courses I had to take with them nearly killed my self esteem, but I got through it with God's grace guiding to find help!

God has indeed blessed me very much in so many ways! He has given me the opportunity to get a good education and then to grow up in a huge family with so much love and support. I've got two loving parents and 14 brothers and sisters who (each in their own ways) encourage and support me in achieving my goals and challenge me to persevere when I am tempted to give up. Their challenges often comes in the form of teasing, but to me this is the best way to get me to respond positively because it tells me "to get off my duff" and go after my goal.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful website. Thanks for the information and for your inspiration! You respond to God's grace so beautifully; I am awestruck! Will check in to learn more! God bless you and your incredible family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. God has blessed me abundantly and it takes work on my part to continuously respond with gratitude to His blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...