Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summer: A Time of Reflection

I love summer! Summer is a time for change, a time of self reflection, relaxation, and rejuvenation. Summer is a season for escaping the humdrum ordinariness of home life and for putting life in perspective. It challenges myself to look at life in a new way. My summertime consists in striving for character growth - to never get discouraged and despair - to continuously be aware of God's love for me and to always trust in His abundant love. Summer is a time to see new faces and to go to different places. It is a time to spend with family and to get to know my sisters and brothers-in-law, brothers and sisters-in-law, nephews and nieces a little bit better than I did the year before. Each year when I come north I draw closer to a different one of my nieces, and I love it. I love watching them blossom into the women God has called them to be.

This summer I am particularly reflecting on my future and what God wants from me. I am slowly getting some answers, and I am impatient for more. I need change and I want change. However, the change must come peacefully, and with an abudance of love. I need a little more independence than I presently have and I want to work in accordance with God's will to gain this independence.


All in God's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...