Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hail To Our Military!

I would like to thank all our service men and women for their courageous service to our country! Thank you for your sacrifice to keep us safe and to defend freedom. May we never forget.


I come from a long line of military service men on my father's side and (I think?) on my mother's side too. My paternal great great grandfather, my great grandfather, my grandfather, my father and four of my brothers have served their country in the Army and Navy. I think my great great grandfather and my great grandfather were Generals in the United States Armed Forces. My grandather (I think?) was sent to the Philippines for a brief time, but saw no action. My father served in the Navy and was sent to Japan on a minesweeper during the Korean War. He was not in combat. My brothers, David and Chris, served in the United States Armed Forces. David was an Army Ranger and jumped out of airplanes. He never was in combat though. Chris was sent to Panama, during the invasion of Panama. Fortunately, he never was in direct combat. Spencer's ship was sent to Beirut in the war with Granada and he had to bomb the enemy.

Now, the next generation is giving their service. We have:

1. Spencer's eldest - John S. Williams Jr. (US Marine Corps)
2. My brother David's 7th child - Jacob Williams (US. Marine Corps)
3. My sister Meg's eldest - Christopher Pince (US. Coast Guard)
4. My sister Mary's eldest - Joseph Vicinanzo (US. National Guard)
5. My sister Patty's eldest son - Robert Blume (US. Navy)
6. My sister Liz's eldest - James Heisler (US. Marine Corps)
7. My sister Mary's 4th child - Daniel Vicinanzo (US. Coast Guard)



John S. Williams Jr. (right) served two tours in Iraq








Jake departing for Camp Lejeune (June 2013)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lt. JG. Christopher Pince
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Joe V (left) served as a paralegal in Kuwait
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Robert Blume's been assigned to a ship
in San Diego
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
James Heisler (left) Marine training duty out West
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Danny in USCG boot camp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...