Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thoughts to Ponder for Lent

"Confession is a beautiful act of great love. Only in confession can we go
as sinners with sin and come out as sinners without sin. Confession is
nothing but humility in action. We used to call it penance, but really it is
a sacrament of love, a sacrament of forgiveness. When there is a gap between
me and Christ, when my love is divided, anything can come to fill the
gap. Confession is a place where I allow Jesus to take away from me
everything that divides, that destroys. The reality of my sins must come
first. For most of us there is the danger of forgetting that we are sinners
and must go to confession as sinners. We must go to God to tell Him we are
sorry for all we have done that may have hurt Him." 

Excerpt from "No Greater Love" by Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...