Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An Unknown Phenomenon in the Medical World

To most people in the medical field, the Porta-Lung is a frightening machine because it is a new phenomenon and one that is just being discovered. Most doctors are afraid to try it. When I tell doctors about the Porta-Lung and negative pressure, they look at me like I’m crazy. Some will listen for two minutes and then disregard it because they don’t have the time to learn about it. Others just want to follow the status quo and not rock the boat. I have met some doctors who are so arrogant that they will not even look at it and insist that I “go by the book” in terms of following hospital regulations by using positive pressure vs. negative pressure. It’s like the old adage: When in Rome do what the Romans do – you have to follow the rules of the system to get the care needed. There is too much bureaucracy, not enough specialized care. I think doctors need to figure out what is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...